Dobutamine is the medication for the 5th week.
is a medication used in the treatment of cardiogenic shock and severe heart failure. It may also be used in certain types of cardiac stress tests. It is given by injection into a vein or intraosseous as a continuous infusion.
This will be done weekly and according to what we will be studying for that week, and will begin Week 2, and end Week 9.
Each student will be responsible for preparing one presentation on pharmacological management of the disease or pharmacological applications of a drug or group of drugs.
- Each student will clearly write a title for this topic. Examples are ‘Pharmacological Management of Deep Vein Thrombosis and/or Pulmonary Embolisms Using Anticoagulants/Thrombolytics and Nursing Implications’ or ‘Pharmacological Effects of Anti-hypertensive Medications in the Management of Hypertension and Nursing Implications’.
- Nursing Implications are the nursing related consequences and what you as the nurse should be looking for in the treatment and care of your patient.
- Students must get their title approved by the professor before the deadline shown in your schedule. Unapproved titles will not be accepted
- The presentation must identify the Pharmacodynamic properties and actual/potential effects on the patient.
- This is worth 20 points.
- Submit your assignment to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.