In this unit, you will submit a fourth research topic and complete an annotated bibliography of five resources for the fourth mini research paper due at the conclusion of Unit VIII. This assignment will be one document in two parts.Part 1: Your research report topic requires you to research, examine, and analyze the three cyber terrorist threats that exist to one of the 16 sectors of critical infrastructures (CI) outlined by the Department of Homeland Security.Further, you will be required to outline three resiliency-based and reactionary-based planning strategies for each proposed cyber terrorist threat that exists.For your research, you will want to consider the following questions:
- What critical infrastructure sector did you choose? Why?
- What are the roles and purpose of your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
- What local, state, and federal government agencies have a role in your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
- A large majority of the critical infrastructure sector is owned and operated by the private sector. What role does the private sector have in your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
- What are the three cyber terrorist threats that exist for your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
- Why are vulnerability assessment and risk assessment vital in critical infrastructure planning?
- What are three resiliency-based strategies used for your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
- What are three reactionary-based strategies used for your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
- As a researcher, what future recommendations do you have to further protect your chosen critical infrastructure sector?
Helpful tip: In the mini research paper due in Unit VIII, you will be required to include photographs as examples of your chosen critical infrastructure sector. As you conduct your research for this assignment, you may want to also consider available photos.Part 2: Annotated BibliographyIdentify five scholarly sources from the CSU Online Library or other reliable sources that support your research paper topic. Include a summary of 150–200 words for each reference that will cover the material related to the research paper criteria. As you locate your sources, consider how you will use them in your research paper.The annotated bibliography identifies the reference, description, and how it pertains to the research paper. Use APA Style to format the references.As needed, review the creating an annotated bibliography tutorial from the CSU Writing Center.It may be helpful to view the following library tutorial: How to Research Homeland Security Topics in the CSU Library.The annotated bibliography and research topic submission should be a minimum of one page in length.