Unit 8 DB: Being Alone, Isolated, and Misunderstood (MUS121 Rhythm, Blues & Hip Hop)
Using the internet or your phone, listen to the following songs:
- “One” by Metallica
- “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
- “Paranoid Android” by Radiohead
After listening to the above songs, answer the following questions in your discussion post:
- What musical influences do you hear in each of these songs and how would you categorize each of them in a genre? (grunge, heavy metal, rock?)
- Listen carefully to the lyrics and share a few sentences as to what each of these songs is about. Thematically they are similar and project a sense of aloneness and cynicism, but what topics do they address? What was happening in American culture during this time that might have contributed to these feelings as expressed in these songs? Could it be a generational (Baby Boomers v. Generation X) reaction? Or do you think this is something else entirely.
Unit 8 DB: Financial Statements (ACC215 Spreadsheet & General Ledger Software)
The financial statements must be prepared in a specific order. What is that order and why do financial statements need to be prepared in that order?
Chapter 19 Discussion (BUS2123 Principles of Accounting II)
Top of Form
1. Describe important features of job order production.
2. Explain job cost sheets and how they are used in job order cost accounting.
Unit 8 DB: Sanctuary City (CRJ102 Introduction to Law Enforcement)
You are the chief of a large city agency. Your department is working with the Federal government through the Secure Communities program. Your city has been declared a “sanctuary” city and has developed a policy stating that it will not enforce immigration laws, but welcomes illegal aliens. What will be your response to your agency regarding this issue? How should your officers respond to your local state laws and federal immigration laws? Note: Initial posting due by 11:59 pm (EST) on Wednesday, remaining post due by 11:59 pm (EST) on Friday of Unit 8.
Unit 8 Discussion: Analyzing Market Trends (MKT200 Principles of Marketing)
Walt Disney created the Disney brand from humble beginnings based on his love of drawing and animation. Few brands monetize content better than the Walt Disney Company and has since expanded into a global entertainment and media brand, and recently, has a new leader at the helm.
Simulated Business Scenario:
Gabriel is the executive in charge who created and developed Disney’s ‘customer-for-life’ concept. This is based on the notion that as the child grows, Disney hopes to gain two brand loyalists: the parents and the child. Disney’s new CEO asked Gabriel to head up the new Disney+ streaming media brand. The CEO wants Gabriel to create a report which analyzes future marketing of the new Disney+ brand. You are on Gabriel’s team and he called a series of meetings to brainstorm the three items:
- How can Disney+ differentiate itself and all its franchises from competing rivals in the marketplace?
- What digital and social media marketing trends would you recommend that Disney+ implement to stay ahead of the competition?