There are 3 options, you can choose one of them (there are no restrictions on that)
- Bring your own data from work (you can remove any private or confidential information, for example: if you are bringing any sales or cost data of an item/product or service – the name can be masked)
- Use data from your previous work or company you have access to (again you can remove any private/confidential information)
- Use data from public domain – In today’s world, there is no dearth of structured data. Here are some places where you can get data from:
- No more than 1.5 to 2 pages.
- You should describe your source of data (including the data fields you have) and what you want to accomplish based on the topics you learnt.
- You can state the research hypothesis you plan to check, confidence intervals you plan to estimate, or test any relationship between variables you think is important.
- Remember – I need at least your plan based on the first three modules (see examples). No need for analysis, just what you plan to do.
I will provide feedback within 4 days to each of you (if you submit early, you get your feedback early), if I feel any change is needed – I will indicate that.
How are the 15 points given:
- Your Data: 5 points (Note: Remember, the sample size should be at least 30 data points to due any parametric tests – aim for at least 50 to 100+ data points for Master’s level project)
- Your plan of action: 10 points