For this paper you need to write a 4-5 page paper, with ¾-1 inch margins, 10-12 inch font, that:
• identifies 2-4 of YOUR master statuses (if you don’t’ remember what this means – please look it up!)
• tells us why you chose the master statuses you have chosen
• Discusses how these master statuses have shaped/effected your experiences in life, you probably want to think about the larger society here – how do these statuses matter in the larger society?
• Draws on sociological concepts (for instance, socialization, structure, institution, roles, role conflict, among many other possibilities) in your discussion.
• Discusses how these identities intersect with each other in shaping your experience (for instance, how does the fact that you are white and gay and male matter – versus if you were another set of statuses) – for this you might want to draw on the articles – particularly the one by Kimberley Crenshaw to discuss this.
• Please use the appropriate citation format .(ASA)
Make sure you pay attention to
Content – did you answer what we’ve asked you to do?
Writing – do your sentences make sense? Are they complete sentences?
Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation – Please use your spell checker and figure out what is spelled wrong and fix it! Use a dictionary if you don’t know if you’ve misspelled a word, or what a word means.