Use the organization and characteristics, described in the Mega-Corp Case Study (attached alongwith) as the context in which to answer the bullet points in this assessment.
Mega-Corp executives are considering the potential of initiating an Initial Public Offering (IPO) to transition from a privately held to a publically held corporation. As part of that planning, you have been asked to create an 8–10 page document that provides the background they need to assess the information security and privacy regulatory impacts. They have also asked that you include an outline of the most common information security and privacy regulations that are currently in force to give them a perspective as to the reach and impact of these regulations.
Create an 8–10 page guidance document in which you complete the following:
- Explain the impact on the organization of differing regulations related to encryption use by international governments.
- Describe the ways in which information security activities can impact the privacy and civil rights of employees.
- Evaluate strategies for proper balance of security needs and employee rights.
- Outline the major information security and privacy laws, rules, and statutes that regulate industries. Include the following:
- Americans With Disabilities Act, Section 508.
- BYOD issues.
- Computer Security Act.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Privacy (COPPA).
- State, Federal, and international standards and jurisdictions.
- U.S. Patriot Act.
- Identify which of the laws listed above impact the organization. Explain.
- Identify which of the laws listed above would impact the organization as part of an IPO and move to a publically traded company. Explain.