Prepare a 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes including the following information:
- Present a clear definition of psychopathology: Provide specific information and indicate your sources.
- How do clear definitions assist psychologists who are conducting research on mental disorders?
Elaborate on the following:
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of classifying abnormal behavior using a diagnostic system.
- How has culture shaped our understanding of psychopathology?
- Use the concept of culture-bound syndrome and explain the role culture plays in our interpretation of behavior. Identify one example from a culture that may fit within the framework of culture-bound syndrome.
Cite at least five peer-reviewed sources.