Read the Personal Trainer, Inc. case on page 445. Complete assignments 1 through 4 on page 446. The assignments for this case are also listed below.
1. Review the Personal Trainer fact-finding summary in Chapter 4 and draw an ERD with cardinality notation. Assume that system entities include members, activities and services, and fitness instructors.
2. Design tables in 3NF. As you create the database, include various codes for at least three of the fields.
3. Use sample data to populate the fields for at least three records in each table.
4. Recommend a date format for the new system. Should Personal Trainer adopt a single international standard, or should the format be determined by the country in which the center is located? Write a message to Susan with your recommendation.
Read the Fastflight Airlines case on page 446. Complete assignments 1 through 4 on page 446. The assignments for this case are also listed below.
1. Create an ERD for the reservations system.
2. Create 3NF table designs for the system.
3. For each of the entities identified, design tables and identify the possible candidate keys, the primary key, a probable foreign key, and potential secondary keys.
4. Use sample data to populate the fields for three records.