For this assignment, you will create a class to describe the product that is being ordered. You will then modify your code to create an instance of this class and utilize it in the ordering process.
Consider the properties or attributes and methods that are related to your product. Using a Unified Modeling Language (UML) class diagram, describe these properties and methods. Consider the properties or attributes that are related to your ordering system. Use a UML class diagram to describe the ordering system class. Be certain to include appropriate get- and set-methods for each of your class properties. Be certain that all of your class instance variables are declared private. All the methods should be declared public.
Create a Java class that implements your UML class diagram for your product. Modify your existing code to make use of your product class by moving all appropriate variables and methods into the class. You will need to create an instance of your product class in your main method so that your program runs correctly. The execution (and screen captures) of your revised program should match those of the previous week.
New Content for Week 4
The Phase 4 Individual Project deliverables are as follows:
- Save the program code that you just developed and ran successfully in a .zip file that includes all of your Java project files.
- Update the Key Assignment title page with a new date and project name.
- Update your previously completed work based on your instructor’s feedback.
- Perform a screen capture of each of the ordering system dialogs that display during execution just after you have entered the requested information. Place these screen captures in Week 4: Object-Oriented Techniques.
- Create UML class diagrams and update your use case diagrams where appropriate to reflect the new organization of your program. Place your revised diagrams in this Week’s section in your revised document.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
- Name your revised document “yourname_IT110_IP4.doc.”
- Create a .zip file containing your project document (including screen captures) and your Java source file(s) or Eclipse project. Name your .zip file “yourname_IT110_IP4.zip.”