As you complete the gathering and evaluation of the evidence, it’s important to review the significance and next steps related to EBP.
Consider the following questions in your discussion post:
- How does a nurse know what (if any) knowledge in a research study is usable for clinical practice?
- What would a critical thinker look for in the evidence before deciding to change?
- What influence do credibility and clinical significance have on your decisions to integrate research-based evidence into your practice?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.
Unit 6 Required Resources
- Gray, J. R., Grove, S. K. & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.) . St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders. ISBN 978-0-323-37758-4
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc. (2018).Evidence-based regulation of nursing education:Integration of the best research with clinical expertise and patient values.org. (Links to an external site.) [website]. Retrieved from https://www.ncsbn.org/668.htm.
- Please view NCSBN site on Evidence-Based Nursing education. Consider the integration of clinical evidence and best practices in nursing education. Review topics of interest regarding best practices in areas of nursing education. For nurse educator students consider one of the best practices for your final paper in this course.