For this part of the Course Project, you will put together a Quality Plan. In order to provide the highest quality experience possible, attendees of the event were surveyed to determine what was most important to them when attending such an event. The result of this survey is listed below:
- 90% of those completing the survey felt that having engaging and dynamic speakers is key to a successful event
- 90% felt that it was important that the accommodations were physically located where the convention is being held; they didn’t want to have to take a bus or a shuttle from their hotel to the convention.
- 85% stated the food provided should be wonderful and meet any dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian or gluten-free.
Using the WBS for your project, identify which of the Work Activities listed could potentially impact those items identified by attendees as critical for the success of the project.
Complete a Failure Mode and Effects Analysis using the attached template. Only include those activities that impact the four issues identified by your customers as critical to producing a quality event. For each of the activities listed:
- Based on your knowledge of the activity analyze the severity of the impact on the project if the activity failed to produce a quality result as Low, Medium, or High
- Also based on your knowledge of the activity analyze the probability of the poor quality result occurring as Low, Medium, or High
- For the three activities that were evaluated as having the most severe quality consequences AND having the highest impact generate an action plan to reduce or eliminate these failures from occurring
- In a paper that is a minimum of 2 pages long, clearly and concisely summarize the action items identified through the FMEA that will increase the probability of your project being considered a success with your customers.