After completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
- Discuss the key components of human resource management. Pick at least four concepts from chapter nine and describe how these concepts interrelate to individual performance on a team.
- Review table 9.2 and select one of the dimensions listed, note why it was chosen and how you relate to this behavior. If you have a personal experience, please share.
- How do leaders select the best talent? What are some tools they can use to select the best-talent?
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post.
Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
- Answer a question posted by another student in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source
- Make an argument
Chapter 9 & 10 Journal articles
- Journal Article 9.1: Crossman, B. and Crossman, J. (2011) ‘Conceptualising followership – a review of the literature’, Leadership, 7(4): 481–497.
- Journal Article 9.2: Agho, A.O. (2009) ‘Perspectives of senior-level executives on effective followership and leadership’, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 16(2): 159–166.
- Journal Article 9.3: Larsson, M. and Nielsen, M.F. (2017) ‘The risky path to a followership identity: from abstract concept to situated reality’, International Journal of Business Communication. DOI: 10.1177/23294888417735648, pp. 1–28.
- Journal Article 10.1: Cook, A. and Glass, C. (2015) ‘Do minority leaders affect corporate practice? Analyzing the effect of leadership composition on governance and product development’, Strategic Organization, 13(2): 117–140
- Journal Article 10.2: Dreher, G.F. (2003) ‘Breaking the glass ceiling: the effects of sex ratios and work-life programs on female leadership at the top’, Human Relations, 56(5): 541–562.