Week 5 Project Assignment Due May 31 at 11:59 PM
Review the following lecture:
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics of this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
HIT Governance and Decision Rights
The complexities in healthcare clinical and business processes drives disruptive innovations in HIT. Sense making of healthcare leaders and managers may not be as sensitive compared to those who are knowledgeable and dedicated to the science, art, and drivers of HIT innovations. To achieve critical measures of cost and organizational efficiency, HIT governance, according to Glandon, Smaltz, & Slovensky (2013), allows for timely and accurate business decisions.
- Review the current literature in HIT strategic planning and HIT governance.
- Compare and contrast HIT strategic planning and HIT governance.
- Identify processes/framework involved in HIT strategic planning and HIT governance.
- Identify and explore theoretical framework in HIT strategic planning and HIT governance.
- Evaluate the importance of HIT strategic planning and HIT governance in HIT acquisition and/or upgrade.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Name your file as SU_MHA6120_W5_Project_LastName_FirstName.
- Your assignment should be addressed in a 4- to 6-page document.
- By the due date assigned, submit it to the Submissions Area.
The following resources are provided for this project:
From your course textbook, Information Systems for Healthcare Management, review the following chapter:
- HIT Governance and Decision Rights
From the Internet, review the following:
- Jahn, M. (2016). Nine best practices in healthcare IT governance. Retrieved from http://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/business-strategy/nine-best-practices-healthcare-it-governance
- Lindros, K. (2017). What is IT governance? A formal way to align IT & business strategy. Retrieved from https://www.cio.com/article/2438931/governance/governanceit-governance-definition-and-solutions.html
- Pyrone, T., Smith, H., & Van den Broek, N. (2017).Frameworks to assess health system governance: A systematic review. Health Policy and Planning, 32(5), 710–722. Retrieved from https://academic.oup.com/heapol/article/32/5/710/3061529
- Wiedower, J. (2016). Information technology governance: Vital to healthcare systems. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.ohsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=16902&context=etd