The creation of intervention plans is the substance of workplace activities designed to enhance individual performance. It is important that you have the opportunity to develop skills in creating intervention plans. To determine whether the intervention was effective and how can it be improved, you must know how to complete the research process in real world practice. You will also need to enact psychological theories of effective leadership in order to manage the stakeholders and participants in the intervention. All of these practices are governed by professional guidelines and ethical behaviors that are common to and expected in the performance psychology field and of which you need to be aware in order to create and implement intervention plans.
In this assignment you will discuss the psychological theories of leadership and their applications to the stakeholders and participants involved in the case, and you will propose a theoretically sound and ethical intervention plan for the fictitious case you described in the Module 2 assignment. You will also identify the specific assessment tool(s) and process you will enact following the intervention to determine whether the intervention was effective and how it can be improved. Finally, you will describe the expected resolution to the case given the intervention you implemented.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- All names and personally identifying information of individuals synthesized to create the fictitious case must be removed or replaced in the case description to prevent identification of any specific individual.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write an essay (2,250-2,500 words) in which you propose a plan for the fictitious case you described in the Module 2 assignment. Your plan should include the following:
- A description of the psychological theories that must be applied for effective leadership of the stakeholders and other important participants in the case.
- A description of a theoretically sound and ethical intervention to the case that applies behavior modification to enhance individual performance.
- A description of the constructs and theories of psychomotor skill and motor control that will be applied in the intervention to improve learning and performance.
- A description of the assessment tool(s) and process that will be used following the intervention to determine whether the intervention was effective and how it can be improved.
- A description of the expected resolution to the case that demonstrates potential applications of psychological theories and principles underlying performance and is based on your theoretical perspective, the intervention you implemented, and your assessment of the intervention.