Please review the following articles and then provide short answers written in paragraph form.
From the week 6 reading list:
Byrd, J. H. (2013, July 9). Forensic entomology. Retrieved from https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1780557-overview#showall
Joseph, I., Mathew, D. G., Sathyan, P., & Vargheese, G. (2011, July-December). The use of insects in forensic investigations: An overview on the scope of forensic entomology. Journal of Forensic Dental Science, 3(2), 89-91. Retrieved from the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296382/
1. What is the postmortem interval (PMI), which is also sometimes referred to as the postmortem index? How does forensic entomology assist in determining the PMI?
2. Other than PMI, what are three other uses for insects in death investigations and how can this help a death investigation?
3. Please list the six basic stages for the collection of insect evidence.
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.