Crowdsourcing in the field of interface design takes tasks traditionally performed by specific individuals and spreads them out among a group of people or a community. These assignments are usually done through an open call. Crowdsourcing has become increasingly popular with the growth of Web 2.0 and online communities.
Write a fifteen to eighteen (15-16) page paper in which you:
- Examine the invention and growth of crowdsourcing in the field of interface design.
- Describe the impact that crowdsourcing has had on the field of interface design.
- Analyze and discuss at least three (3) benefits of incorporating crowdsourcing in a design project.
- Analyze and discuss at least three (3) challenges of incorporating crowdsourcing in a design project.
- Propose a solution for generating interest in your design project from an online community.
- Suggest a solution for evaluating the skill set and quality of the code submitted by potentially unknown users.
- Describe how crowdsourcing may affect the budget and timeline of a design project.
- Assess crowdsourcing in regard to the legal, societal, and ethical issues it raises, and suggest methods to alleviate these concerns.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the design and development processes in HCI.
- Describe legal, societal, and ethical issues in HCI design.
- Describe the inherent design issues across HCI environments.
- Analyze and evaluate interface design models.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
- Write clearly and concisely about HCI topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.