Challenges in Labor Relations
Chapter 10 illustrates the many difficult situations the HR Nursing professional may need to analyze, create a response plan, and document thoroughly. In this assignment, you will create a brief response to each of the cases.
- An RN comes to you complaining that the females in her department make less than the males. The nursing manager is female, and this is the first complaint you have heard.
- After a dispute with another physician, one of the most popular Internal Medicine doctors quits, she has a non-compete clause that requires her not to practice within a 30-mile radius. She converts a small clinic 31 miles away and advertises aggressively in newspapers and social media, resulting in a significant loss of patients.
- Your medical and surgical nursing manager hired four employees, including a young RN who resigned from his current position to take this one. A month later, an MD retired, and the patient census dropped significantly, causing the manager to terminate the nurse. Your organization is an Employment-at-Will State. The nurse files a grievance.
- A nursing manager sends you several emails that an employee sent to a peer with very unfavorable comments about the manager. The nursing manager wants to fire the employee.
- It is brought to your attention that an employee has a photo on Facebook showing drug use. There have been no complaints about the employee while at work.
- You may submit the plan in whatever format you wish, but it should address each of the five cases thoroughly.
- Your assignment should include 2-3 citations from 2-3 separate references.