Week 5 Journal Instructions
Week 5 Journal
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLO: 4]
Before beginning this assignment, look back at your previous Weeks 1 and 2 Journal submissions. Consider what you did and did not know about OD during your Week 1 Journal assignment. Then, review Week 2 and consider the new knowledge gained during that week.
As you prepare the final journal entry, ponder the following thoughts:
- Is the OD field something you would consider as a career path?
- If yes, why?
- What intrigues you about the OD field?
- What strengths do you bring to the table?
- If no, why?
- What sways you away from the OD field?
- What integral skills in the OD field are transferrable to your own career path?
The journal entry must be a minimum of two full pages of content, and you must connect at least one OD concept or action to your reasoning.
Week 5 Assignment Instructions
Creating an Organizational Development Proposal
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this final assignment, read Chapter 10 in the course textbook, and review Chapters 3 through 9 if you need to (it is recommended). Additionally, read Finally! Global OD Competencies and Dialogic OD (Links to an external site.).
The Action Research Case Study assignment in Week 3 had you select a case study, identify the change challenge of the case, and design an action research process for the change process. During Week 4, the Intervention Selection and Application assignment had you select an intervention method that best suited the change challenge within the organization. You are now ready to complete the final paper based on the case study selected in the Action Research Case Study assignment from the Week 3 – Assignment. Be sure to incorporate all instructor feedback from prior weeks’ assignments in your final paper.
Consider that you have been hired as a consultant to help the organization with the change challenge. In your paper, you will introduce the overall purpose of the project as related to organizational development and change challenges.
For Section 1 of your paper, you will
- Summarize the Action Research Case Study assignment in Week 3.
- Justify why it is a problem and the type of problem.
- Example: is it turnover, diversity, ethical, job satisfaction, downsizing, restructure, or other?
- Define the selected action research process based on the Week 3 Action Research Case Study assignment paper.
- Identify the intervention type selected in the Week 4 Intervention Selection and Application assignment.
- Describe the intervention process.
For Section 2 of your paper, you will
- Describe the role of the consultant during the intervention.
- Categorize the competencies and ethical behaviors needed for the intervention.
- Define the recommended research methods that will be utilized during the intervention.
- Describe recommended data collection and evaluation methods during the intervention.
- Define a timeline for the intervention process.
- Identify anticipated resistance to the change and the process for reconciliation.
For Section 3 of your paper, you will
- Hypothesize the projected outcomes for the OD change project.
- Validate your reasoning for the projected outcome.
Conclude your paper with a comprehensive summation of the project.
The Creating an Organizational Development Proposal final paper