Assessment Process to Establish Eligibility
Following the assessment process for establishing eligibility under IDEA’s disability categories ensures adherence to proper legal provisions and ethical considerations. Understanding the purpose of each assessment utilized to establish eligibility assists in the ability to execute those assessments properly.
In your brochure, identify and describe the following:
- The five primary purposes of the special education eligibility assessment process for individuals who have or appear to have disabilities (screening and identification, eligibility and diagnosis, IEP development and placement, instructional planning, and evaluation) as explained in “NASET Assessment in Special Education Series.”
- The stakeholders involved in the assessment process with explanations of why and how each is involved.
- How students are identified for assessment based on IDEA’s eligibility categories.
- Legal and ethical considerations related to the assessment process and establishing eligibility.
- At least three components of the comprehensive eligibility assessment process used to determine if there is a documented disability.
The brochure should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Provide a minimum of three scholarly references.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide,