Now that you’ve reviewed the resources for the second half of this module, you have a better understanding of the expectation of high standards in the criminal justice profession. In this 350- to 500-word journal post, address the following:
- Choose one career from each of the three components of the criminal justice system (policing, courts, and corrections).
- Summarize, in approximately 50 words, each career including its professional standards.
- Explain how the three careers represent the component they belong to. For example, if your suggested career is a victim rights advocate, which component (policing, courts, corrections) does this career most closely align to, and how is it representative of the goals or mission of that component?
- Choose one current trend in criminal justice and explain how it impacts one of the careers you have identified.
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Choose a career from each of the three components of the criminal justice system.
- Summarize each career (including its professional standards).
- Explain how the three careers work together.
- Determine a current trend that might relate to the one of the careers you have chosen.
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment must be 350–500 words in length. Any references must be cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
Note: For journal assignments, you can receive a Proficient, Needs Improvement, or Not Evident score on each of your rubric criteria. There is no Exemplary score for this assignment because you will receive feedback and make revisions to improve beyond proficiency in these concepts.